We are happy to announce the release of Rapid Personnel Manager version 18.0! Like the previous major release 17.0, this release rounds up most of the remaining new features of this spring! This time, the new frontend is out of beta and is used by default. Functionally, the biggest improvement is the new Deployments module. Read on for details.
Big changes for big benefits
We are dividing and expanding the contract records into two distinct modules. Each can be used individually or linked. At the core, a contract is tied to the legal agreement between your organization and the employee. Deployment on the other hand helps you manage operations. A single contract can have multiple deployments associated with it, which translates to more agile HRM.
The benefit with this arrangement is that the system adapts better to the multiplicity of environments different customers may have: some have separate payroll systems, and no need for managing contracts in RPM, others have very fluid deployment practices that do not require formal records. Now you can use either or both as suits you best.
The Deployments module is the result of a successful community process. We have invited multiple customer groups to participate and give their input on the specifications, especially considering it forms the basis of secondments within these customer groups. As such, deployments are the shareable records, allowing to keep the contract management in its own area with ease.
For the other new features, Proof of life enables you to securely manage hostage, kidnapping and security sensitive environments’ victim checks. The Proof of life is isolated from Molnix by encrypting it with an assymetric key, with only the public (encryption) key is stored in RPM.
Tag groups allow you to produce reports around specific statistics. For example, you can produce a report by sector, expertise, language or organization, rather than showing all tags. This is especially useful when combined with the new tag automations for language, organization and branch.
We have also continued work on the previous recruitment and process functions, bringing a new Scoring action. It allows you to automatically score applications based on process- and position-specific criteria.
And as always, there are also the usual smaller improvements based on your feedback. Many thanks for your continued involvement!
New features since version 17.0:
- Deployments module to complement contracts
- Deployment represents the operational part of HR such as contact details, travel and secondment
- Contracts represents the legal part of HR such as salary and terms of employment
- Vendor-isolation encrypted proof of life (thanks Swedish Red Cross!)
- Tag groups especially for reporting (thanks to an unnamed customer!)
- New tag automation (thanks to an unnamed customer!)
- Scoring action in processes (thanks to an unnamed customer!)
- New translations
- Field customization infrastructure
- Allows easy hiding and renaming of fields or complete modules
- Reports (thanks to an unnamed customer!)
- Deployment statistics
- Time selection
- Member statistics
- Smaller improvements
- Appraisals can now carry a score that is automatically used in scoring actions in processes
- New easy selections for unavailability reasons
- Updated web server config with newest recommended SSL/TLS
- New license to practice types
- Clearer tag request emails
- Many fixes to usability
Read the full list of features on the product page.