We are happy to announce the release of Rapid Personnel Manager version 20.0! This time we bring major performance updates. Read on for details.
Fresh, fast and polished
This update is huge under the hood, while the user-facing parts have received a lot of polish. At the core, we have an updated framework along with new mechanisms for caching performance optimization. If you are an end user, everything should feel snappier but look mostly the same.
As a key difference, the old frontend has been removed, finishing the transition we started earlier this year. It is the fruition of two years of meticulous work.
And as always, there are also the usual smaller improvements based on your feedback. Many thanks for your continued involvement!
New features since version 19.0:
- Changed to a new server-side caching system for a huge performance improvement
- Upgraded framework to Laravel 8
- Dashboard loading mechanism is now done as a single request, improving load speeds considerably
- The old frontend has now been completely removed and can no longer be used
- Added more color settings for customizations
- Added deployments to quick search
- Profile and Application PDF downloads are now re-enabled using the interim CV template
- Show error code when SMS fails
- Make alert responses other than ‘Immediately’ selectively loadable to make the page load extremely fast even with huge alerts
- Hovering over tags now shows their description
- Give reviewers the tag request functionality
- Address lookup now falls back on country if no match or OSM is down
- Increase API rate limit for heavy use environments
- Updated default print templates with more dynamic sections
- Consolidated customization branches thanks to the new fields.json and customization settings
- Added year view on Workforce module’s Availability calendar
- Smaller improvements
- Added enter listeners for several fields to make searches easier
- Added IE browser interceptor
- Fix contract link in person search
- Fix salary ladder calculation frontend
- Fix favicon uploader
- Fix multiple views with manager scopes
- Fix language skills update
- Fix alert info loading
- Fix contract creation without tags
- Fix contract and deployment system defaults loading
- Fix active contracts link on quicksearch
- Fix to manage invalid photos
- Fix manager view permission order
- Fix visibility of alerts with some user combinations
- Fix person link in course participants list
- Fix quick search loading
- Updates to packages and libraries
Read the full list of features on the product page.